Job Posting: Philadelphia Phillies – Product Manager – Baseball Research & Development
Product Manager – Baseball Research & Development
Title: Product Manager
Department: Baseball Research & Development
Reports to: Director, Baseball Research & Development
Status: Regular Full-Time
As the first full-time Research and Development (R&D) Product Manager you work within our R&D and larger Research and Information (R&I) groups to develop products that serve as differentiators in evaluating, acquiring, and developing baseball players. You are responsible for creating and maintaining a roadmap for our Software Engineering (SWE) team and tracking the use and value of products that have been built and deployed.
You will work closely with end-users across Baseball Operations, Scouting, Player Development and the Major League Coaching Staff to identify impactful tools to build, based on your knowledge of R&D research and the technology landscape.
- Project Execution
- Work with the SWE Team and the Manager, SWE to develop detailed requirements and project plans for each upcoming feature / epic
- Collaborate with stakeholders and engineers to test the finished product and ensure that the potential impact is realized
- Vision and Roadmap
- Work closely with Baseball Operation stakeholders and the SWE team to develop a roadmap of features and capabilities that will provide maximum impact to the Phillies
- Manage and communicate any changes to the roadmap, periodically updating and reviewing the plan. Maintain a best-estimate schedule at all times
- Stay engaged with stakeholder needs and new and ongoing research from the Quantitative Analysis team to proactively raise ideas for new features and capabilities
- Product Evaluation
- Develop key metrics and measures that will be used to evaluate the success of our products and features
- Advocate for usage of our products and features, collect feedback, and continuously re-evaluate their design and implementation
- 1-3+ years prior experience in product management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to run efficient meetings, create compelling presentations, and have productive conversations with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to identify and prioritize user stories and turn them into actionable technical requirements
- Insatiable curiosity to learn more about the intersection of baseball, technology, and data science and constantly ask ‘why’
- Proven willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
- Proven leadership and self-direction
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working in baseball or other sports
- Spanish fluency would be a plus
Interested applicants should submit both their resume and an answer to the following question:
In 500 words or less, please tell us why you are interested in Product Management role in a Baseball Research & Development department.
To apply, please follow this link.
The content in this posting was created and provided solely by the Philadelphia Phillies.